Four Review sub-Committees assist the Board with the decision-making process by providing recommendations. Each committee is composed of two members of the ENQA Board and one external.
The Board of ENQA uses external review reports to reach a conclusion on whether an agency has met the membership criteria/ESG.
The outline of the decision-making process is as follows:
- Once submitted to the ENQA Secretariat, the report is distributed to one of the Review sub-Committees;
- The Review sub-Committee produces an analysis of the report and a recommendation to the Board in the format of a scrutiny form;
- Should the Review Committee’s judgments deviate from those of the review panel in light of the evidence provided in the report, and should the Board agree with the Review Committee, the review panel will be consulted for clarifications before a decision on membership is taken;
- The Board makes a decision on the basis of the review report and scrutiny. The Board is not, however, obliged to follow the recommendations by the review panel or by the Review Committee. The Board makes its decision in the light of gathered evidence;
- In the decision letter sent to the agency, the Board may express their difference of opinion from that of the panel and state the reasons in both cases – if the Board consider some of the panel’s judgements to be overly strict or overly lenient in light of the evidence brought forward.
- Christina Rozsnyai
- Øystein Lund
- Fiona Crozier (external committee member from QAA)
- Alternate member: Eva Ferreira García
- Anne Flierman
- Daniela Cristina Ghițulică
- Padraig Walsh (external committee member from QQI)
- Alternate member: Caty Duykaerts
- Caty Duykaerts
- Stefan Handke
- Núria Comet Señal (external committee member from AQU Catalunya)
- Alternate member: Anne Flierman
- François Pernot
- Eva Ferreira García
- Tove Blytt Holmen (external committee member from NOKUT)
- Alternate member: Christina Rozsnyai