ENQA LED PROJECTS
ENQA Leadership Programme 2021
The ENQA Leadership Programme was first launched in 2018 as an initiative of the ENQA Board, which was followed by a successful second round in 2019-2020. Thanks to high participant satisfaction in the programme thus far, ENQA has launched a third edition which will run from March to September 2021.
The programme is designed to provide an intensive European peer-learning experience for high-potential professional staff in member and affiliate quality assurance agencies. The programme is a unique opportunity for QA agencies to offer their staff targeted training in an international environment!
The programme consists of three two-day seminars and small-group projects:
- Seminar I hosted by ASHE in Zagreb, 10-12 March 2021: “Trends and developments in higher education – the context for QA agencies”
- Seminar II hosted by NOKUT in Oslo, 2-4 June 2021: “Leadership in higher education”
- Seminar III hosted by QQI in Dublin, 8-10 September 2021: “Formal and informal leadership in Quality Assurance Agencies”
The fee to participate in the programme is € 1 700. The fee includes:
- Participation in the three programme seminars
- All presentations and programme materials
- Main meals during the seminars (as described in the draft programme)
- Mentoring by an ENQA Board member or a senior staff member of an ENQA member agency for the small group projects (March to September 2021)
- Discount of 15% for a fee-based ENQA event in 2021 or 2022
The sending agencies are also expected to take care of and cover the costs of travel and accommodation during the seminars.
Requests to register for the programme, or requests for further information, can be sent by email to ENQA Director Maria Kelo (email@example.com). Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis to the eligible candidates with an initial limitation of two applicants per agency. Additional applications will be put on a reserve list. Requests to register should include a written letter indicating:
- the prospective participant’s interest in the programme;
- their position in the agency;
- and support from their line manager or the CEO of the agency.
Fee-waiver grant scheme
In order to enable the participation of QA agency staff from agencies with fewer resources, the programme offers three fee-waivers (travel and accommodation costs remain the responsibility of the sending agency).
To apply for the fee-waiver scheme, the agency should send an email with supporting documents to the ENQA Director Maria Kelo at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 September 2020. The waiver request should include:
- A free format motivation letter from the agency explaining why it is not able to cover the participation fee of the proposed candidate and why the participation of the proposed staff member would be particularly important for the agency.
- Name and short CV/bio of the proposed participants, so that eligibility for the programme can be verified.
- A firm commitment from the agency to ensure participation of the proposed staff member in all three seminars, as well as the small-group project, and a commitment to cover the additional costs related to travel and accommodation for the three seminars.
The ENQA Board will consider the requests for fee waivers and inform the applicant agencies of their decision by the end of September 2020. The fee waivers are awarded at the discretion of the Board and are not appealable. The waivers are limited to one per applicant agency. The fee-waiver scheme is open to ENQA member agencies only.
Participation is limited to 22 participants in total, with a maximum of two participants per agency. Participants commit to following the full cycle of the programme (from March to September 2021), including attendance in the three seminars and contribution to the group work.