ENQA LED PROJECTS
ENQA Leadership Programme 2019
The first edition of the ENQA Leadership Programme was launched in 2018 as an initiative of the ENQA Board. The second edition, with an even better programme, will run from October 2019 to March 2020.
The programme is designed to provide an intensive European peer-learning experience for high-potential professional staff in member and affiliate quality assurance agencies. The programme is a unique opportunity for QA agencies to offer their staff targeted training in an international environment!
The programme consists of three two-day seminars and small-group projects:
- Seminar I hosted by AQ Austria in Vienna, 21-23 October 2019: “Trends and developments in higher education – the context for QA agencies”
- Seminar II hosted by ARACIS in Bucharest, 11-13 December 2019: “Leadership in higher education”
- Seminar III hosted by NVAO in The Hague, 4-6 March 2020: “Formal and informal leadership in Quality Assurance Agencies”
The fee to participate in the programme is € 1 700. The fee includes:
- Participation in the three programme seminars
- All presentations and programme materials
- Main meals during the seminars (as described in the draft programme)
- Mentoring by an ENQA Board member or a senior staff member of an ENQA member agency for the small group projects (October to March)
- Participation in an ENQA Leadership Programme alumni group
- Discount of 15% for a fee-based ENQA event in 2020 or 2021
The sending agencies are also expected to take care of and cover the costs of travel and accommodation during the seminars.
Fee-waiver grant scheme
In order to enable the participation of QA agency staff from agencies with fewer resources, the programme offers five fee-waivers (travel and accommodation costs remain the responsibility of the sending agency).
To apply for the fee-waiver scheme, the agency should send an email with supporting documents to the ENQA Director Maria Kelo at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 June 2019. The waiver request should include:
- A free format motivation letter from the agency explaining why it is not able to cover the participation fee of the proposed candidate and why the participation of the proposed staff member would be particularly important for the agency.
- Name and short CV/bio of the proposed participants, so that eligibility for the programme can be verified.
- A firm commitment from the agency to ensure participation of the proposed staff member in all three seminars, as well as the small-group project, and a commitment to cover the additional costs related to travel and accommodation for the three seminars.
The ENQA Board will consider the requests for fee waivers and inform the applicant agencies of their decision by the end of July 2019. The fee waivers are awarded at the discretion of the Board and are not appealable. The waivers are limited to one per applicant agency. The fee-waiver scheme is open to ENQA member agencies only.
Participation is limited to 22 participants in total, with a maximum of two participants per agency. Participants commit to following the full cycle of the programme (from October 2019 to March 2020), including attendance in the three seminars and contribution to the group work.
- Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ – Switzerland)
- Accreditation Agency for Study Programmes in Health and Social Sciences (AHPGS – Germany)
- Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation Austria (AQ Austria – Austria)
- Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS – Romania)
- Agency for Science and Higher Education (ASHE – Croatia)
- The European Council on Chiropractic Education (ECCE – Europe)
- Estonian Quality Agency for Higher and Vocational Education (EKKA – Estonia)
- European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA – Europe)
- Finnish Education Evaluation Centre (FINEEC – Finland)
- Independent Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (IQAA – Kazakhstan)
- Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT – Norway)
- Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO – Belgium and The Netherlands)
- Quality Assurance Netherlands Universities (QANU – The Netherlands)
- Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI – Ireland)
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS – United Kingdom)
- Education Accreditation Agency of Republika Srpska (RS HEAA – Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- The Swedish Higher Education Authority (UKÄ – Sweden)
- Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation and Coordination Council (YÖDAK – Cyprus)