ENQA AS A PARTNER
Enhancing Quality through Innovative Policy and Practice – EQUIP
ENQA was involved as a partner in the Erasmus+ project “Enhancing Quality through Innovative Policy and Practice” (EQUIP) coordinated by the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE). The project received funding under the Key Action 3: Support for policy reforms, Forward-Looking Cooperation Projects sub-programme.
1 November 2015 to 31 January 2018 (27 months)
The partnership of the project involved the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASHE) as the coordinator, the other E4 partners (ENQA, EUA, and ESU), as well as the European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR), Education International (EI), the University of Oslo (UiO), and the Portuguese Polytechnics Coordinating Council (CCISP).
The EQUIP project aimed at Enhancing Quality through Innovative Policy & Practice in European higher education by supporting and promoting a consistent, efficient and innovative embedding of the revised ESG at grass-root level. The project identified the challenges and work collaboratively with all stakeholders and policy-makers to propose, share and discuss the applicability of new solutions.
Project’s main target group is the higher education institutions, quality assurance agencies, students, policy-makers and the world of work.
The EQUIP project:
- Produced an analytical report highlighting the innovative aspects of the ESG 2015;
- Published and promoted the ESG 2015 to the entire higher education community;
- Facilitated the use of the ESG 2015 through multi-level peer-learning groups with five training events including webinars;
- Identified and promoted innovative ways to apply the ESG 2015 by consulting all higher education actors;
- Highlighted changes to be made in quality assurance at various levels with a study on implementation challenges, solutions and policy impact;
- Put forward European-level policy recommendations to stakeholder groups to feed into the discussions leading up to the 2018 EHEA Ministerial Conference.
The EQUIP project announced 5 events on the ESG 2015 as a tool for change. They were addressed to ESG users in the EHEA to gain knowledge on the ESG directly from their authors. They include 3 physical workshops and 2 webinars organised over the first semester of 2016. They will provide opportunities for hands-on training and peer learning exchange.
The 5 workshops and webinars were:
- Webinar on 17 February 2016
- Workshop in Amsterdam, Netherlands, on 14-15 March 2016
- Webinar on 13 April 2016
- Workshop in Vienna, Austria on 9-10 May 2016
- Workshop in Lisbon, Portugal on 6-7 June 2016
A comparative analysis of the ESG 2015 and the ESG 2005 is available here.
More information is available on the project website.