ENQA AS A PARTNER
Enhancing Quality Assurance Management in Morocco – EQuAM-M
ENQA is currently involved as a partner in the project “Enhancing Quality Assurance Management in Morocco” (EQuAM-M) coordinated by the University of Barcelona, Spain. The project has received funding under Erasmus+ KA2 “Capacity building in the field of higher educational”.
1 October 2017 to 30 September 2020 (36 months)
The project brings together a consortium of 19 partners:
• 14 from Morocco: Centre for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology LTD – CARDET, Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur, de la Recherche Scientifique et de la Formation des Cadres – MESRSFC, Agence National d’Evaluation et d’Assurance Qualité de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche Scientifique – ANEAQ, Université Abdelmalek Essaâdi – UAE, University Ibn Tofail – UIT, University Hassan 1 – UH1, University Hassan 2 Casablanca – UH2C, University Moulay Ismail – UMI, University Cadi Ayyad – UCA, University Mohammed V – UM5R, University Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah – USMBA, University Mundiapolis – MUC, Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes – UEMF, University Ibn Zohr – UIZ
• 5 from Europe: two quality assurance organisations (ENQA, Agencia Nacional de Evaluación de la Calidad y Acreditación – ANECA), and 3 European universities (Université de Montpellier – UM, Università degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”- UNIROMA1, Universitat de Barcelona – UB).
The overall aim of the project is to assist Morocco in its ambition to further develop and enhance a new national Quality Assurance Agency for HE whose work will be aligned with the immediate and direct needs of society, whilst also meeting international expectations. The project is concerned specifically with the development, application and outcomes of academic QA and its improvement/enhancement.
The Project will identify and assist in the development of a) the essential components of QA system that meet national and institutional needs, and b) a ‘road map’ and White Paper setting out a reasonable transition from the current situation to one that demonstrably meets international norms and expectations.
The specific objectives for the Project include the development of:
• A Road Map addressing the necessary detailed requirements for implementing and/or improving the functions and procedures of QA at the institutional level and the link between Internal and External QA.
• A White Paper aiming at informing key stakeholders in Morocco on the progressive implementation of the new QA system; and with recommendations for meeting the shared needs of EQA and IQA in Morocco. It will include a 10 year ‘road map’ for the progressive ‘evolution’ of QA for Moroccan HE to support the development of a Quality Culture.
• A shared toolkit’ to meet needs of Internal and External QA in Morocco that will lead to
• A Code of Practice for the Management of Quality Assurance in Moroccan universities.
The project will be divided in six main phases:
1. Current QA in Moroccan HE:
2. Comparing experiences with EU agencies and their relationships with HEIs
3. Development of a quality assurance ‘tool kit’
4. Aligning EQA and IQA
5. Piloting the QA Tool kit and Code of Practice
6. Enhancing QA management and its impact on Moroccan HE
More information can be found on the project website here.