Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur (CTI)
The review will evaluate the way in which and to what extent the Commission des Titres d’Ingénieur (CTI) fulfills the criteria for ENQA membership and thus the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area. The evaluation is scheduled to finish June 2019.
Background and context
The Commission des titres d’ingénieur (CTI) was established by Law in 1934 (French Education Code, Article L.642-2 and following). The CTI is the French relevant body in charge of carrying out periodical evaluation procedures that lead to the accreditation of the French institutions to award the engineering degree “titre d’ingénieur diplômé” in France and abroad.
On request of the institutions and relevant governments, CTI may carry out evaluation procedures of engineering programmes run by foreign higher education institutions. The positive outcome of such a CTI procedure leads to the recognition of these degrees within France (‘‘Admission par l’Etat’’).
CTI has been an ENQA member since 2005 and is applying for renewal of its membership.
CTI has been registered on EQAR since 2010 and is applying for renewal of registration.
The process is designed in the light of the Guidelines for ENQA Agency Reviews and in line with the requirements of the EQAR Procedures for Applications.
The evaluation procedure consists of the following steps:
- Formulation of the Terms of Reference and protocol for the review;
- Nomination and appointment of the review panel;
- Self-assessment by CTI including the preparation of a self-assessment report;
- A site visit by the review panel to CTI;
- Preparation and completion of the final evaluation report by the review panel;
- Scrutiny of the final evaluation report by the ENQA Review Committee;
- Analysis of the scrutiny by the ENQA Board and their decision regarding ENQA membership;
- Follow-up of the panel’s and/or ENQA Board’s recommendations by the agency, including a voluntary follow-up visit.
The panel is composed of the following members:
- Rudy Derdelinckx, Professor, University of Antwerp, faculty of Applied Engineering (formerly, Managing Director NVAO), Belgium – Chair, quality assurance professional/academic (ENQA nominee)
- Maiki Udam, Director of Development and International Cooperation, Estonian Higher Education Quality Agency (EKKA), Estonia – Secretary, quality assurance professional (ENQA nominee)
- Hannele Niemi, Professor of Education, University of Helsinki, Finland – Academic (EUA nominee)
- Matthew Kitching , Masters’ student, Birkbeck College, University of London, The UK – Student (ESU nominee)
You can read CTI’s self-assessment report on their website here.
This review is being coordinated by Maria Kelo.