Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education and Career Development (AKKORK)
The review will evaluate the way in which and to what extent the Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education and Career Development (AKKORK) fulfills the criteria for ENQA membership and thus the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area. The evaluation is scheduled to finish October 2019.
Background and context
The Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education and Career Development (AKKORK) is an autonomous non-profit organization, founded in 2005, that contributes to the development of education institutions and improvement of quality of the higher education system in Russia. AKKORK helps Russian HEIs to optimize the management and internal control systems, as well as to discover HEIs potential and competitiveness.
The mission of AKKORK is to form and develop in Russia an independent system of education quality assessment and assurance that corresponds to the principles of the Bologna declaration and the world best practices.
AKKORK’s objectives are to:
- Improve education quality;
- Increase of society satisfaction degree with the education quality;
- Increase of employers satisfaction degree with the education quality;
- Improve the HEI quality monitoring process;
- Increase HEI staff satisfaction degree with the conditions of their work;
- Engage the staff of HEI into the work on quality, increase of its quality idea adherence;
- Increase the compliance of HEI programmes with the requirements of European standards and guidelines.
AKKORK’s key activities are:
- Independent evaluation of education quality (on programme or institutional level);
- Independent evaluation of education quality for professional – public programme accreditation;
- International accreditation (of education programmes or institutions);
- International e-learning accreditation;
- Internal quality assurance system audit and certification (IQAS).
AKKORK has been an ENQA member since March 2015 and is applying for renewal of ENQA membership.
AKKORK has been registered on EQAR since November 2015 and is applying for renewal of EQAR registration.
This review will evaluate the way in which and to what extent AKKORK fulfils the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG). Consequently, the review will provide information to the ENQA Board to aid its consideration of whether membership of AKKORK should be reconfirmed and to EQAR to support AKKORK application to the register.
The review panel is not expected, however, to make any judgements as regards granting membership.
The panel is composed of the following members:
- Heli Mattisen, Director, Estonian Quality Agency for Higher and Vocational Education (EKKA), Estonia – Chair, quality assurance professional (EUA nominee)
- Hermann Blum, PhD student at the Autonomous Systems Lab, ETH Zürich, Switzerland – Secretary, student (ESU nominee)
- Paul Zevenbergen, Member of NVAO Executive Board, Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders, The Netherlands – Quality assurance professional (ENQA nominee)
- Tatjana Volkova, Professor, BA School of Business and Finance, Latvia – Academic and quality assurance professional (EUA nominee)