The Board is the executive body of the Association. The Board is responsible for implementing the decisions of the General Assembly, and for the overall management of the Association. The Board is accountable to the General Assembly.
In particular, the Board shall
- prepare and supervise the strategic plan and annual work plan;
- prepare the annual activity report and accounts;
- be responsible for implementation of the budget;
- recommend the external auditor of the accounts to the General Assembly;
- approve applications for membership/affiliation of the Association and propose to the General Assembly the exclusion of members;
- propose membership and affiliation fees to the General Assembly;
- appoint the Director of the Secretariat and may, on a proposal from the President, dismiss the Director in accordance with Belgian employment law;
- decide upon the location of the Secretariat in cases not covered by Article 14;
- propose amendments to the Statutes, according to the provisions of Article 40;
- adopt Rules of Procedure regulating the details of its operation;
- approve of the suspension of members’ rights decided by the President;
- transfer the registered office.
Summaries of the Board meetings are available for members here.
Dr Christoph GROLIMUND
Chair of the ENQA Board, serving as President of ENQA since October 2017. Director of the Swiss Agency of Accreditation and Quality Assurance (AAQ) which operates in Bern, Switzerland.
Vice-President of ENQA, serving on the Board since 2017. Director of the Europe and International Department of High Council for the Evaluation of Research and Higher Education (HCERES), which operates in Paris, France.
Daniela Cristina GHIȚULICĂ
Vice-President of ENQA, serving on the Board since 2018. Vice-president of the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS), which operates in Bucharest, Romania.
Dr Anne FLIERMAN
Member of the ENQA Board since 2015. Chair of Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO), which operates in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Member of the ENQA Board since 2019. Chief Executive Officer of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), which operates in Gloucester, United Kingdom.
Dr Øystein LUND
Member of the ENQA Board since 2018. Director of Quality Assurance at the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) which operates in Oslo, Norway.
Dr Christina ROZSNYAI
Member of the ENQA Board since 2014. Programme Officer for foreign affairs at the Hungarian Accreditation Committee (HAC), which operates in Budapest, Hungary.
Antonio SERRANO GONZALEZ
Member of the ENQA Board since 2019. Director of the Aragon Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ACPUA), which operates in Zaragoza, Spain.
Member of the ENQA Board since 2019. Director of the National Centre for Professional Education Quality Assurance Foundation (ANQA), which operates in Yerevan, Armenia.